Wessex Reciprocal Agreement
We have a reciprocal arrangement with The Mighty Wessex, allowing our Members to fly their sites and vice-versa. This does not include the following Avon Sites: Draycott, Spencer's Bowl or Morgan's Ridge, nor the following Wessex Sites: Portland (East/West), Southbourne or Barton-On-Sea (both within Bournemouth airspace).
Essential details for this agreement are as follows:
- Such Membership will provide flying and social benefits to full members of both Clubs.
- Reciprocal Membership will carry no voting rights and is not extended to Temporary or Associate Members of either Club.
- Only those sites marked in the Wessex Club Site Guide as 'Reciprocal Club Members also' may be flown by reciprocal Members. Wessex Members may not fly Avon sites marked as 'Full Avon Members Only'.
- Before each day's flying, Members must read the appropriate Site Guide. They must also check on the Club's Website (Wessex Site Guide here) or speak to a 'full' home Member for any current restrictions or recommendations.
- When visiting a reciprocal Site, pilots will wear their own Club's current helmet sticker and introduce themselves to any home Members in attendance.
- Each Club's Magazine Editor will send a copy to the reciprocal Editor for the dissemination of information.
- Each Club Secretary will send a copy of any appropriate blanket e-mail notification messages to the reciprocal Secretary for forwarding to their Members.
- Each club's Website will have a direct link to the reciprocal Club's Site.
- This reciprocal agreement will be permanently displayed on each club's Website and be made known to all Members.
Reported on 06/06/2012 by Rich Harding