GENERAL RULES TO FOLLOW ON AVON SITES
- BHPA membership is mandatory for all pilots using Avon sites. Membership cards should be carried at all times whilst on a site.
- Any flying accident must be reported to the safety officer as soon as possible. All accidents should also be reported to the BHPA within 48hrs.
- Any damage to crops, property or animals must be reported to the relevant site officer immediately, so that the landowner can be informed.
- Each pilot is responsible for ensuring that their glider is in airworthy condition. Pilots will not be allowed to fly unairworthy gliders on Avon sites.
- Cars or other motor vehicles must not be driven across farmers' land unless prior permission has been obtained.
- Do not bring dogs onto club sites that are privately owned.
- Follow the country code: do not leave litter, do not climb over fences or walls and always shut gates behind you.
- All pilots must wear a helmet.
- Park your car with consideration to other road users and land owners.
- Drive considerately - we are easily identifiable, particularly the hang gliders!
- Be courteous to any spectators and answer their questions politely.
- When XC flying try not to land in fields containing livestock and never land in fields containing horses.
This page last updated: 2nd March, 2015
© Avon Hang Gliding & Paragliding Club, 1997-2017